Saturday, June 25, 2005

Formula 1 2005 US Grand Prix Pictures


             <Read and See More of it...>







I finally got some time to upload these pictures. As most of you would have known, it was one of the worst days in Formula 1 history. Although it was very frustrating, I was happy that I could see Narain drive. I, and several others, thought that he could have easily raced ahead of his teammate Tiago Monteiro, he was holding onto his 4th position more than trying to make a podium finish. Initially he had a 9 second lag with his teammate, but this gradually increased to a wide gap.

About the race experience, to put it positively, I can say that I have seen one of the rare races in the whole world (come on, I paid 105 bucks for the ticket!). And see Narain, the First Formula 1 driver for India finish 4th and get his first formula 1 points. This is a (lifetime) dream come true for him.

In the Flickr photostream here, you will see pictures from the Prosche Race (this takes place before the Formula 1 Race), the Parade of the Race drivers, and several of the racing moments. This time there were a lot of Indian flags. Usually Indians support Ferrari, but this time I saw someone carrying two flags in the same flagpole (Ferrari's and India's), thats was really cool! Some of the cooller ones are attached above. For the rest go here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Krish said...

Anand, I have blogrolled you :-)

Saturday, June 25, 2005 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger ioiio said...

andha last foto ethanaavadhu dhadavai lap pannum bodhu eduthadhu

Sunday, June 26, 2005 2:38:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Hi Bernice,
Thanks for stopping by. I came to your blog and really liked your pictures there.

Thennavan,
Thank you!

ioiio,
That was just after the winning lap, when they slowed down a lot. Btw, these are the top 3 guys in the same frame (Schumacher, Barichello and Monteigo). There is another one with just Narain in it (in the flickr site).

Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger tifoc said...

Dude,

I was there too & have blogged abt it at http://tifoc.blogspot.com/ (its the first post)

cldnt believe it when I saw myself in one of ur photos!...what are the chances? ;-)

take a look at some of the photos that I have in my blog & see if you are there...(it might be tough to identify since they are more like thumbprints & I have kind of used soft focus on some photos), but anyways try ur luck! :)

till next time...:)

cheers

Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u see the news.....michelin is planning to refund the tickets....what are u gonna do?

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Tifoc,
Saw your blog, but the pictures arent quite clear. I dont think I am there in it anyways. Which one is it you from the pictures that I took?

Prabz,
Yeah I went there, hopefully I get my ticket refund also, which will be an added bonus!

Kaatss,
Yes, ever since I heard about it, I am eagerly waiting for them to announce their plans so that I can get the refund!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home