Friday, May 27, 2005

Mrs. World 2005

While I was flipping the channels, I chanced upon a re-telecast of Mrs. World 2005 (It took place sometime in Feb. 2005). I wouldnt have stayed for more than a minute, had I not seen Malaika Arora on the show - she hosted it along with a firang. When Malaika mentioned something about Ambi Valley, Sahara Lake City I thought this must be some exotic location in Fiji or something like that. An immediate google search told me that it was right there in India (Maharashtra, to be precise - close to Lonawalla is what Google tells me). Three Indian women represented their countries - Jeevikka Shah (Of course, Mrs. Jeevikka Shah) rep. India, Angie-Dillon Rai rep. Canada and Poonam Mehndiratta rep. Australia. And among the audience, I noticed Aditi Gowritker and Borris Becker.

Noteworthy snippets:
It seems India is the first Asian country to host the Mrs. World competetion.
Shiamak Davar's Junior Dance Academy (remember the "Mohabbat Kar le Kar le Re" song by Shiamak Davar) did a dance number - nothing outstanding, just ok.
Judges: Vijay Amritraj, Ashutosh Gowariker, Mrs. America 2004 - Heidi Dinan, Fomer Mrs. Sri Lanka - Rosy Senanayake, Sapna Roy (Sahara MD's wife).
Mrs. India and Mrs. Thailand seemed like the only ones married for the longest time - 16 years!
Mrs. Phillipines' been married for 5 years with 6 children (No typo there).
Mrs. India didnt really have a good answer for her question. I think, she will do well at Oratorical competitions, her answers were at best by-hearted well, it seemed like a vomit out of rote memory.

<Read More>.

11 Comments:

Blogger saranyan r said...

man thats patience...to watch a show like that :)

Saturday, May 28, 2005 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

yeah..they actually are coached by ppl like sabira merchant..thats why they spew out memorised stuff

Saturday, May 28, 2005 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

jus wondering what might be the mean age of the participants....

Sunday, May 29, 2005 3:12:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Saranyan
Actually it wasnt as bad I had expected it to be.

Sangeeta,
A little bit of brain-usage would have made it a bit better.

Me,
I would say mid to late 20s - most of them were married for less than 5 years and didnt look too old.

Sunday, May 29, 2005 3:23:00 AM  
Blogger Sindhuja Parthasarathy said...

wouldn't have expected to meet a skoolmate in the blogworld....i was @ hindu,adyar for sometime...........iam trying hard to place u!!

got here from thennavan's blog....u write "decently interesting stuff" ;)

Sunday, May 29, 2005 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger ioiio said...

Im from Hindu, Triplicane.. 2000 pass out.. Gud to c a list of my school mates.. Chakra happens to be an alumni too...

Sunday, May 29, 2005 1:15:00 PM  
Blogger satosphere said...

Seems to me that it is a really long time that I ever watched a show like that.

And yes, about Sahara Lake City - heard about it being constructed before I hopped into USA.

Good to know that Chennai has the best pass percentage.

Sunday, May 29, 2005 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Samundraa,
When did you graduate? I finished my 12th in 1994. Your name (Samundraa) doesnt seem familiar to me, which year did you graduate in?

Ioiio,
Nice nickname! Yeah, I know about Chakra, he studied in the Triplicane branch. I was there in the Triplicne branch till my 5th Std. From 6th to 12th it was in Adyar. 2000 pass out? You might know my cousins then. They graduated around the same time I think.

Monday, May 30, 2005 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Satosphere,
Looks like they would have made a good business out of this city!

Monday, May 30, 2005 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Dance Classes in Delhi said...

yeah..they actually are coached by ppl like sabira merchant..thats why they spew out memorised stuff

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 5:29:00 AM  
Blogger Dance Classes in Delhi said...

Dance classes in delhi

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 5:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home