Monday, May 30, 2005

Bunti Aur Bubli

Saw it tonight. Went to AMC Theaters and saw it in a really huge theater. This was, by far, the biggest theater I have been to in the US. Went a bit early because I heard it was house-full on Friday. The theater was more or less empty at 5.45 for the 6.15pm show, but when the movie started it was almost packed.

The movie is an enjoyable comedy. Dont go there for a story, there's none. It's a very hilarious comedy movie. Abhishek and Rani have acted very well (or was it more of a director's movie, either ways - I enjoyed the movie). It's a complete timepass movie. One of the song (Kajra Re) features Aishwarya Rai and the Bachchans, this one is beautifully sung by Alisha Chinoy, Shankar and Javed Ali. This is the first movie where I felt for myself that Aishwarya looks really beautiful (earlier, it was more of a hearsay).

Music by SEL is good. When I first heard it, I thought it didnt have the Oomph factor that I have begun to expect in SEL's compositions, but as I heard it more and more, I began to like it well. Almost all of the songs are good if you hear it more that once (and then judge it).

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been reading a lot about this film. Glad you could see it. Will check out the music, as suggested by you, for sure! :)

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 1:36:00 AM  
Blogger Art said...

I read in a review saying its not even worth for time pass. But r review seems to be diff...
So may be i'll go n check out.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 4:20:00 AM  
Blogger Houseowner said...

wondering if i should check this movie out...hmmmmm

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 7:12:00 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

me 2 reading a lot about this movie. will catch it soon. thanks for the review.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger OptionSeller said...

Do you call it enjoyable? and where was comedy? What do you expect from a Yashraj Movies? good story, great musich and excellent direction. Nothing to find here.

Avoid the movie.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Akruti said...

But read somewhere that it is a dumb movie and now u say its ok to watch it.hmm,now let me go get a coin to put a toss.Heads or tails:D

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Srihari SN said...

total non-sensical masala movie - songs i didnt like at all

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 6:05:00 AM  
Blogger Shammi said...

Sounds like a movie to watch, if I can manage to get my hands on it. I like nonsensical movies. Aishwarya Rai IS gorgeous and inhumanly graceful - what puts me off is the fact that she is SO aware of it and acts so coy all the time!

Talking about nonsense movies (definite timepass) - try The Pacifier! :)

Saturday, June 04, 2005 9:03:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

After the raging responses that I saw in the comments, I checked with a couple of other colleagues who also keep themselves uptodate in the bollywood scene and they were also of the same opinion that I had - No storyline, but good comedy!

Ravi,
Word of Caution: You might not like it at the first go!

Art, None, Saranyan, Neelima,
It's not a theater kind of movie, so you can watch it at home too.

JV & Matter M,
So, you guys went with a lot of expectations on this movie? I sometimes feel that if I dont read a review or dont go with too much expectations, I kind of get surprised at times - this is one such movie...even without a storyline, I thought it was bearable.


Shyam,
Cool one! You like non-sensical movies? Join the gang! :-)
Yeah I completely agree with that about Aishwarya Rai.
Pacifier, is it? Once my backlog in the desi scene is taken care of, will check it out! Thanks for the suggestion.

Monday, June 06, 2005 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Yeah, I haven't seen it yet but my wife (who is in mumbai) has, and she said it's a total masala movie. And taht's after Id temporarily nicknamed my cockatiels Bunti and Bubli! Heh

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home