Sunday, October 02, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I have been quite remiss on my blogging for quite sometime. Two specific reasons for that, one was the frequent trips to the UK, the second was my efforts to stop making my Apartment Leasing office richer every year. I had stayed in my last apartment for about 5 years, and it was time to say goodbye to that. Finally it dawned upon me that I should buy my own place, which is what I did. And searching for a home isnt easy at all. I thought being single might make that decision easier, but didnt quite get that feeling while doing the search.

Moving from the apartment wasnt easy, either. Had to clear out 5 years of accumulated trash - many left by past roommates. Talking about that, ours was a nice apartment (and a lucky one too) we let all our job seeking friends to reep the benefits of the big city. But surprisingly, none of them got a job here, although they found a lot of contacts here that perhaps helped them get their jobs.

Anyway, I think I should return back to posting more often than what I did these past two months. To start it off here is a review about the tamil film, Thotti Jaya. It stars Simbu and Gopika. Both have acted well, Simbu is getting better with every movie. Manmadhan was, in my view, outstanding acting by him. Some good twists in the story make it a watchable film. Wouldnt say it's sooper good, but a decent film. Music by Harris J. is good - especially on my Ipod! :-)

Do you Pod? I Pod! :-)

16 Comments:

Blogger Akruti said...

Congratulations, and get ready to give me a TREAT:) and it sure feels wonderful to say "swwet home" isnt it? have fun and now u keep posting regularly

Monday, October 03, 2005 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

Congratz Anand! Enjoy ur new home...

Thotti Jeya - yeah.. u can watch it once.

Monday, October 03, 2005 5:40:00 AM  
Blogger Me said...

good for u anand....any pics of ur new home

and welcome back to blogging :)

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Chakra said...

Congrats on your new home buddy!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:38:00 AM  
Blogger Adaengappa !! said...

Congrats..Definitely,it aint easy work to sign for a home..But its worth an investment for lifetime,than paying rent..

Goodluck !!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

congrats anand. maybe I should have also bought a home. I'm now looking for an apt here and its giving me nightmares everyday. wanna know the prices here ... how about $1400 for a one bedroom. ridiculous man.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Chinmayi Sripada /Chinmayee said...

May your new home be lucky as well!! And yeah I like Thotti Jaya tooo :)

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Congratulations ! Way to go.!

Big decision / Good decision, Well done.!

Thanks for the short review on TJaya. I am still not convinced with Simbu's acting / looks.! I'll wait.!

I liked the songs too.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger Castor aka Kiwilax said...

Hi Anand,

Good to be able to say hello to a fellow Gemini and a fellow-Chennaite. Came via Shyam's blog. First time here, will be back.
Cheers.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:41:00 PM  
Blogger Anbu said...

Congrats!!...I dont Ipod but soon i will 3230...(my new cell with good MP3 player.)

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

Congrats Anand :-)

Thursday, October 06, 2005 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger hemanth said...

Welcome back and Good luck with the new home...

Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:52:00 PM  
Blogger Surya said...

Dude, Congrats.
I am coming to Chicago on 6th Nov. around 1am, would be coming to drop off YGMahendra Troupe in Midway,after their performance here in Minneapolis on 5th.
Dont worry unlike Madras Police, there would not be any midnight knocks on your door ;-)

Friday, October 07, 2005 7:48:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Neelima, Thank you! Sure, next time we meet and if you remind me ;-) Yes, it certainly does. Now I really have to keep the house clean :-(. Am trying to, but there are lots of work to be done. :-)

Hi Krish, Thanks!

Hi Me, Will post it along with my UK pictures. Thanks!

Hi Chakra, Thanks!

Hi Adengappa, Thats very true! Thanks!

Hi Saranyan, Thanks! $1400 for a single bed is a rip-off. Start thinking about buying your own.

Hi Chinmayi, Thank you! Simbu is getting better in his acting nowadays.

Hello Mr. Narayanan, Thank you! Yes, this is one of the biggest decisions, so far!

Hi Kiwilakhs, Thanks for coming over!

Hi Anbu, Oh cool! A nokia phone with a mp3 player is it? Must be a cool gadget.

Hi Thennavan, Thank you!

Hi Hemanth, Thanks!

Yo Suri, Give me a call if you see this. I will try calling you anyways.

Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger satosphere said...

Enough of you and the ipod.
I am just looking to a cheaper option, and to not go with the crowd in getting a music player.
But that will have to wait until I can afford a music player.

September generally seems to have been a slow month for everybody, posting wise.
Always get caught up in some work or the other.
Pictures of the new house!.

Friday, October 14, 2005 1:47:00 AM  
Blogger Harish said...

Aint keepin good on ur promise of bloggin again soon?

Monday, October 17, 2005 5:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home