Saturday, April 30, 2005

Evites and Knoppix

While I try to retrieve data from my 200 GB hard disk, which has all of a sudden freaked out (XP is now complaining that the hard disk is in FAT format even though it is FAT32 based) using the sooper-dooper Linux software Knoppix, which can load up the complete OS from a CD, I thought I would post on something cool that I found out in an Evite invitation. Evite is a site which many (or almost all the people that I know of) use for sending out electronic invitations for parties and social occasions. The evite invitation had a hyperlink to add it to your Outlook Calender (It had the location and date and time field filled out automatically). I had not noticed this feature before and now that I have, I think this is a very cool feature. I use my Outlook Calender to keep track of almost everything like appointments, meetings, birthdays, to-dos and such. This when synced with my Treo 600 (A Palm based PDA cum phone) helps me both at work and in my personal life to keep everything organized. I am totally amazed at this neat little feature in evite!

It's 1 am in the morning and I am still trying to get back the stuff from my hard disk. Hopefully, I get it all intact.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ramm said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, May 01, 2005 12:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really?? i was in a similar state yesterday night...trying to get things working...its amazing how the world of the computers can keep you occupied and curious... then the sense of achievement!!!

Sunday, May 01, 2005 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Lavannya,
Yeah. The world of computers...and Xboxes too!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home