Friday, April 22, 2005

Movie Reviews - Tango Charlie and Mumbai Express

Saw Tango Charlie and Mumbai Express. Tango Charlie (stars Bobby Deol, Ajay Devgan among others) is an alright movie - it's a story of a BSF soldier and his experiences with the contemporary disturbances in India (viz. the Kargil fight, Gujarat chaos, Bodo Fight, etc.) A pretty decent movie. Music is also pretty decent, one of the song "Akkad Te Bakkad Te", very much resembles the "Chappa Chappa" song from Maachis.

Mumbai Express is a total waste of time. Didnt think Kamal would make such an idiotic movie. No story at all. The movie started off with a bit of comedy that was enjoyable, but slowly the story started to drift apart(so did the comedy), and I completely lost interest in watching it half way through. Just a complete waste of time.

I had an ER (Emergency Room) experience a couple of days back for a very bad neck sprain. More on that(and more posts) once I get well.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ram C said...

I thought 'Tango Charlie" is not watchable and the reverse in the case of "ME". Anyhow, a different review.

Take care.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 3:20:00 AM  
Blogger Akruti said...

Oh,Neck sprain,And me down with spondylities,severe neck pain,well,i am off blogging:(( u sure takecare and getwell soon.
And well,u r testblog looks good,when can we see the changes here:) i saw itttttttt already:))))

Saturday, April 23, 2005 2:58:00 PM  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Feel sad to see your comment about M.Express. I liked it a lot better than C.Mukhi. I thought M.Express was a refreshing comedy.

Sorry to hear about the neck sprain. Wondering if it was due to watching M.Express? :)

Saturday, April 23, 2005 6:12:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Ram.C,
The war scenes in the movie were well taken. The love story in it was a bit childish. And I liked acting by both Bobby and Ajay.

About Mumbai Express, the first half hour was alright comedywise, then the story had too many diversions and completely lost it's theme. And I didnt have any expectations at all when watching this film.

Neelima
I am very sorry to hear that. Take very good care of it. I am using that as a test blog to make template changes.

Mr. Narayanan,
Just saw Chandramukhi, the ending was a little bit too much to take. Btw, have you seen the movie "Winner". Thats a very nice comedy, starring Prashanth and Vadivelu.
No, it was a muscle spasm and it was quite bad that I couldnt get up fro bed or eat anything. It's getting better now.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anand....too much of hoopla, hype and angst by fans of both movies, Chandramukhi and Mumbai express. Once tempers cool down, I hope to see the movies calmly! Meanwhile, I've been seeing worthwhile movies - Monsters Ball, Village and Lakshya! What say I write about them? :)

Saturday, April 23, 2005 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Mr.Ravi,
Thats a valid point! Although I got to tell you that, I am of fan of neither these fellows. If I like good acting or a good story I try to recongise that.

I havent seen Monster's Ball yet, heard a lot about it, should see it soon. Village was a bit hyped up - I thought Shyamalan let out the suspense a little too early. About Lakshya, an amazing movie. I liked it a lot.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Srihari SN said...

Dude,

recover soon,
havent seen ME, but CM was crap - more on my blog :)

Hari

Monday, April 25, 2005 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Matter,
Thanks! Both are equally bad in my view :-)

Friday, April 29, 2005 1:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home