Saturday, February 05, 2005

It's Winterfest at Lake Geneva, Winsconsin

It's been a while since the Sun's been happy here in Chicago. Today it's pretty sunny and the sky is quite clear. So me and my friend (with his family) are planning to drive over to Lake Geneva which is about a 50 mile drive (takes about an hour and half) away from our place. Lake Geneva is a pretty beautiful lake, during the summer when the lake is not frozen they have boat rides, and many water sport activities (like water skiing). And around this time of the year, when the lake is usually frozen, they have activities which include the snow - there's a Winter Festival which features a snow-sculpting competition. Here is the picture of the 2004 winner. And it seems these sculptures are lit in the night, cant wait to take those pictures, especially since I got my Tripod for a superb deal ($20 - the tripod has a solid frame and has a good height). This should certainly help me with better night pictures. More pictures will follow. Go to Lake Geneva's <homepage>.


Winterfest 2004 Winner 

1 Comments:

Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Hi Prabz

The night lighting wasnt as good as I expected it to be, but it wasnt that bad too. The bad thing was that since the day was quite warm, the sculptures had started melting by the time I had gone there.

Sunday, February 06, 2005 12:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home