Saturday, April 02, 2005

Hindi Movie Review - Sheesha

If you have watched the tamil film Vaali (starring Ajeet and Simran) then you wont need to watch this film. The story is very similar (I didnt realize it until a friend of mine told me about it). The only difference between Vaali and Sheesha is that Neha Dupia is doing the double role. Quite an ordinary film, with ample sleaze provided by Neha Dupia. If you have other important things to do in life you can skip this film, but if you insist that you are as jobless as I am, then please go ahead and watch it ;-)

The music, composed by Sen Brothers, is very good. I liked most of the songs in it. "Yaar Ko Maine" sung by Kunal Ganjawala is outstanding. The same song sung by the latest nightingale, Madhushree, is just amazing. This is the song which one should listen to in a dark room with eyes closed in a peaceful environment (for added effects, you can listen to it with your loved one). "Kar Mundhya" is a peppy song, sung by Sonu Kakkar (she shot to fame with her "Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo" song in Dum). One more peppy song sung by Shehzad (I think he has sung for Rahman quite recently, although cant remember which song - neither can Dr.Google) and Alka Yagnik "Main Ho gaye Atrah Sal ki" is also good, but there have been similar tunes in the recent past. "Mujhe Jeena Sikhadho" sung by Kunal and Shreya Ghoshal is quite average. I call it average because there have been many songs in the recent past with a similar tune. Overall music by Sen Brothers is very good. They are now on my hindi music composer watchlist (it used to consist of Rahman, Shankar-Ehsan-Loy and Salim-Sulaiman).

Verdict: Average film, good music.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kaps said...

I hope you are talking about Vaali.
Valli is another movie by Rajinikanth and Priya Raman.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger Vinod said...

hey gemini, how come on your blog roll, you haven't mentioned I'm gemini too!!!!

Anyway, adding you to blog-roll. Hope it's not a prob.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Kaps,
Thanks for pointing it out. I did mean Vaali, not Valli. I am usually not that sleepy during that time of the night (esp. during weekends) but just this was right after a completely filling dinner at a friend's place :-)

Hi Vinod,
Wellucome! Didnt realize it until yesterday night. Made the change :-) And thanks for rolling me.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure if Bollywood or Kollywood or even both of em together can keep up with ur pace!

Sunday, April 03, 2005 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Akruti said...

Vaali is a nice movie,ajit is my fav actor:))) and i like the words at the end when he is dying,Seriously,how do u watch so many movies,i dint know there was a movie by name "sheesha" also:((((( and now that u said it has a song which can be heard in a dark room:))) will try to catch up with the music atleast:))))

Sunday, April 03, 2005 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Hi Harish
It all started with my ex-roommate. We used to watch almost all of the bollywood films that got released. And if I dont have anything better to do, I just find watching movies a good form of time-pass :-)

Hi Neelima
I could be biased. I totally love Madhushree's voice - I find it totally mesmerizing.
Watching one movie every weeknight is not too much, being a bachelor it gives me a lot of time in hand, especially because I stay away from my family.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 10:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home