Sunday, March 27, 2005

Tamil Movie Reviews - London & Mayavi

Saw London (Starring Prashanth and Ankitha) and Mayavi (starring Surya and Jyothika) this weekend. Save yourself some time, dont watch either of these. Even with surfing the web on the side, I couldnt bear these two movies. Both lack a good script, and both have "un-sigh-kable" comedy lines. Vadivelu has a cheap role in London and just falls to disgrace with the bad comedy in this movie. I am not sure what others think about this, but I have noticed that from the first 15 minutes of a movie, you can more or less judge a movie's calibre. I couldnt stand (or sit) the first 15 minutes of these two films - the comedy was horrible, the storyline didnt really take off anywhere and I was surprised why these actors even signed up to do these films.

Also the music in both the movies, don't seem to be impressive.

Verdict: Shift-Delete both London and Mayavi.

4 Comments:

Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Me too, I expected a little bit of story out of it.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i tht maayavi was okay...esp after seeing JI and thirupachi..
dont u guyz think that the humour was great in the first part..i tht surya did a fantastic job and the music was also diff: but anyways opinions differ

mebbe u guyz set very high expectations..;-)

haripi2

Monday, April 04, 2005 7:27:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Hi Haripi2
Well, a good and upcoming actor like him should choose to work in better movies. I, no doubt, agree with you that the other two films were bad, but a little better story would have made this one a much better experience.

Monday, April 04, 2005 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger vandu said...

About Mayavi, I agree the first half was real crap. But I loved the second half. The humor was good.. Jyotika as herself was amusing...And the song- kadavul thanda adisaya vaazhvu- I loved the lyrics!

Monday, September 22, 2008 10:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home