Monday, February 14, 2005

Raghav

I listened to Raghav's "Angel Eyes" recently and am totally mesmerized with that - heard it about a dozen times so far and still want to listen to it everytime I sit inside my car. It's a very nice mix of Indian music with Reggae and R&B. Raghav, a Canadian Born Indian, has trained in the Indian Classical music (most probably Hindustani). He knows and speaks Hindi fluently (apart from English and French).

I see a very strong vocal talent in him and I think he should probably try some playback singing. His voice is both familiar and very unique. I see a bit of Hariharan and Babul Supriyo in his voice, only much much better. The only downside is his association with the Reggae and R&B - a bit of it is ok, but I see a lot of it his "Story Teller" album. If he can get away from that and get into playback singing or regular indy-pop he is bound to get into the mainstream market ... <Read More>.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sangeeta said...

I love to watch his video, leke pehla pehla pyaar' too. He is good at what he does

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Yeah, no doubts about that. His videos are also pretty well made.

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Twin Gemini, I am not a music junkee but I do listen to occasionally. I am glad you loved angel eyes, I like the ending when he is singing in hindi. There is a hindi vocal by him called "EK DIN AAP". It has very limited music and that helps raghav bring out the best of his vocal skills. You should also hear/see CAN'T GET ENOUGH. Anyways, too much said about raghav, try hearing BULLA KI JAANA by rabbi shergil. Hear it a dozen times and I am sure you will be hooooooked.

Monday, February 14, 2005 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Yes his hindi is fluent for a Canadian born. I have not listened to "Ek Din Aap" or his "Can't get Enough", I will do that soon.
"Bulla Ki Jaana" is another of my favorite. I wouldnt call that an amazing song, but it's quite infectious.

Monday, February 14, 2005 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Anand it would be great if you could give a link to the songs if its on the web. Just a click and people like me would know what you are talking about.

Monday, February 14, 2005 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Ok, here you go:
http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/movie/HP000011.html

This has all th songs by Raghav. If you scroll down you will see a link for "Angel Eyes-Feat. Jucxi & Frankey Maxx". Enjoy!

Monday, February 14, 2005 7:57:00 PM  
Blogger Anbu said...

yes,everything about him is stylish...music,voice,hair-style...A damn kewl personality...and agree with Anonymous...that song by rabbi is jes great...

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Have you noticed that he resembles the Hollywood actor Jude Law a bit? I havent seen Rabbi's Video yet, am just waiting to find it on the net somewhere.

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home