Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Need a Map?

There was the search engine, then the WAP enabled search, then the phonebook, then the integration with Handspring's Blazer Software (for Palm PDAs), then came catalog searches, after that was Adwords, then the news, then came the Compute - toolbar, then the Labs, then came the news site, then the froogle, then the blogger, and then the AdSense, after that the search by location, soon after that the news alerts, then the deskbar, then the free mail, then the photo organizer, then the video, and now the Maps!. Yes, I am talking about Google!

If you would like a tour of the Maps ... <Read More>. And here is the search result for Indian Restaurant at 847 (847 is an phone area code in Illinois).

PS : Spent quite sometime to put together this timeline from a couple of sites (the order is pretty close to the actual chronological order).

10 Comments:

Blogger F e r r a r i said...

Buddy, does this tool contain map for bangalore city as well?
It is so damn tough to find addresses in bangalore. A cross road in bangalore is huge and wide than a main road :-p

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

This is really cool!!!

Btw why do you have link to yahoo maps ??

Hey I stayed diagonally opposite to your house (vasantha mandapam side)next to that printing press.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

<Me> Dude, it goes to Google maps... :-)

One of my school mates used to stay there in that building. His name was Gopalakrishnan.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I meant here: "and now the Maps!"

Hey I lived in the next apartment. I know Gopal and his brother Vasanth.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:55:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

<Me>Fixed it. Old habits die hard. Dank You! Dank You! I am half-asleep already :-)
Oh really, do you know what he is doing now or where he is? I think he moved out of that place a long time back.

<Prabhu> I think, this thing works for the US only currently. Soon they should expand it to other places, but not sure if they will introduce something for India - as everyday a new road springs up from nowhere!

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 12:03:00 AM  
Blogger Chakra said...

One suggestion Anand - While giving external links, can u make it open in a new window? Currently, clicking on any of the links drives us away from your site.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 3:53:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

<Chakra> Agree with you 100%. I hate it myself when it opens up in the same window. Will try to keep that in mind for future posts (time permitting, I will update the older ones).

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I confused a bit. Vasanth is not Gopal's brother but his friends brother.

I guess Gopal is in Citibank (I am not positive). Last time I saw him was in Nov 2002.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:44:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

<To Me> I dont remember Vasanth. I remember Gopal though, not sure if he would still remember me. Well, maybe the next time I go back I should try and meet with him.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:49:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Me--to-->Chakra: Chakra, here (http://twin-gemini.blogspot.com/2005/01/hindu-senior-secondary-school.html) is a picture of HSSS, Triplicane. I took this when I last went to Madras.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home