Sunday, March 06, 2005

Old Hindi Movies

I am now reasonably convinced (after my conversation with colleagues at work on the way to Tamarind Thai, where I had to confess that DDLJ was my first hindi picture in a theater - although I have seen most of the ones (mostly Raj Kapoor's) that they show during election time in DD) that I should watch old Hindi movies (80s and maybe 90s). I think, I might have missed a lot - now I am looking for suggestions from my blog readers. Got any must-sees in your list?

I am referring to the Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan era. I am quite fluent with the recent ones of this decade :-)

After reading Megha's post, I might start off with Parinda.

9 Comments:

Blogger satosphere said...

I am not in a good position to suggest Hindi movies, as I am not a fan. I dont even watch Hindi movies at all. Call it language problems.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

I am sure, I am going to get some good suggestions - If you would like, you could start off with those - most of the desi stores carry dvds with english subtitles.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:16:00 PM  
Blogger Surya said...

Dude, most of the

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Surya said...

let me complete that :-)

...hindi movies (80's) were remade in tamil or vice versa. So if yo have seen a movie in tamil/hindi, rest assured that you have seen 'em all.
But frankly, i dont think we can stand the old movies anymore, i tried watching Kamal's movie Guru recently couldnt complete it. I guess we have outgrown that genre

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is a great movie by your name!

Monday, March 07, 2005 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Surya
Whats happenning dude? How are things with you? Well, I dont know. I will have to see that myself to really find out :-)

Anonymous,
Thanks for that suggestion. Will make a note of it :-)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Megha said...

Since i'm partly responsible for this, i'll try and come up with a list of recommendations! So, coming soon to a theatre near you .. :)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:13:00 AM  
Blogger Surya said...

One Hindi Movie i can still watch is Gol-Mal (remade into Thillu Mullui was it vice versa?)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Twin-Gemini said...

Me--to-->Megha: Alright, Megha, will wait for your selection. :-)

Me--to-->Surya: Hey Suri, I have seen that movie in both the versions. Thats a neat movie.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home